netFLEX® Inventory and Capacity Solutions
Many operators “overbuild” their network just to make sure they have available capacity when they need it. Others don’t—and are caught short when trying to respond to new growth demands.
netFLEX® Discover, ODC and WSO users plan with confidence and provision with success, because the netFLEX software inventory and capacity solutions tell them exactly what capacity they have in their network in real-time.
Auto-discovery solution – know what’s really deployed and available
The netFLEX software auto-discovery solution tells users what is really deployed and available in their networks. It queries and discovers network elements, cards in those elements, and existing usage and spare capacity.
Circuit provisioning can’t work well when the design database has errors or is out of date.
netFLEX® Auto-Discovery enables users to:
- Make fully informed provisioning and circuit routing decisions
- A-Z provisioning solution can handle the entire job for them
- Reconcile their inventory management system
- Equip network planners with real data on usage and utilization
- Equip network engineers with real data on existing circuits and routes.
Card inventory management solution
netFLEX® management software provides outstanding reporting of auto-discovered card data, which users can query, sort, and filter to show just the data they need. Available data includes:
- Equipment type
- In service status
- Serial numbers (when reported by the network elements)
- Firmware revisions (when reported by the network elements)
- Graphical shelf views for supported equipment types
- All other vendor-specific information.
Customers can use the data delivered by the netFLEX® software card inventory management solution to:
- Drive reconciliation with often error-prone inventory systems via REST/JSON, MTOSI, or the ASCII inventory interface. Inventory data can be provided for the entire network element, a specific card, or on a specific circuit.
- Know the locations of cards that have recalls by NE vendors
- Identify the presence or absence of growth slots in network elements
WDM usage and utilization reporting
netFLEX® provides usage and utilization reporting to help users identify available wave capacity, whether in a given WDM network element, or an entire WDM network. Available reports also include:
- Wavelength Services
- Network Layout
- Wavelength Usage
- Wavelength Usage Matrix
netFLEX® WDM usage and utilization reporting tells users precisely what they have in their network and how it’s being used.
SONET usage and utilization reporting
netFLEX® provides usage and utilization reporting to help users identify available capacity, whether in a given SONET network element, or an entire SONET ring. Available reports also include:
- Ring Layout
- Network Usage
- Network Utilization
netFLEX® SONET usage and utilization reporting tells users precisely what they have in their network and how it’s being used.
Reinvigorate sunk assets
Automate Network Audits
Network audits occur for many reasons, such as synchronizing inventory records during an acquisition, verifying the network meets regulations, or determining causes of outages so they can be prevented in the future. A manual network audit, which is resource intensive and possibly service impacting, can take months. By time the audit is finished, the data captured in the initial phase is already outdated.